Soft and sustainable, bamboo fibre is a perfect fit as a filling in our luxury handmade mattresses.
Sustainability is a big part of why we love bamboo – it’s the fastest growing plant… ever. And in optimum conditions bamboo can grow up to three feet in 24 hours, release more oxygen and absorb more carbon dioxide than any other plant.
And it’s bang on for sleep too. The fibre from bamboo is a unique and superior fibre, which is why bamboo fibre lends itself as a filling for a luxury mattress in five key ways:
- Bamboo fibre is incredibly soft, adding to the sumptuous comfort of your mattress
- An anti-microbial fibre, bacteria doesn’t thrive well in bamboo which means that bamboo has naturally antibacterial properties that benefit the hygiene of your mattress over its lifespan
- Bamboo fibre wicks moisture away from your skin, keeping you comfortable under your covers at nighttime
- The unique cell structure of bamboo fibre is breathable, again helping your body temperature to remain regulated
- The protein structure of bamboo is easily recognisable by our bodies meaning that it’s often classified as hypoallergenic and kind to sensitive skin
Bamboo, just one ingredient in the #perfectsleep recipe we’ve been perfecting for over 70 years.